I’m Vagiz Duseev (Russian: Ваги́з Дусе́ев), a software engineer.
I write mostly in
Python, but also speak
bash. I started coding when I was 11 years old with the help of the mentors in the local youth center.
My first project was a Battle City clone written using Borland Delphi 7.
I continued with developing mods for the games like GTA: San Andreas and Half-Life: 2.
In 2009 I started learning
C#, and then spent significant time developing all kinds of projects using
I am still quite comfortable in C++, despite the current focus on Python.
Throughout my carrer I have been doing things like
- Designing and coding large distributed systems in
- Building clustered storages using
- Setting up Continuous Delivery systems using
- Integrating with
GCP, and other cloud providers;
- Developing cross-platform desktop and mobile applications using
- Developing 2D/3D game engines in
I consider myself a reasonably experienced developer with a particular interest in the automation of all stages of software development: design, implementation, testing, and delivery. Topics like CI/CD, Documentation Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Agile, or Project Planning are a sure way to engage me into an hours-long conversation.
I live in Gdansk, Poland. My home town is Tomsk, Russia. For a brief period I also lived in New York City.
- Open-source research and development
2018 - current.
- Customer Success Engineer at Behavox, New York
2017 - 2018.
- Development Team Lead at SRI InfoTech, Gdansk, Poland
2016 - 2017.
- Software Developer at SRI InfoTech, Tomsk, Russia
2015 - 2016.
- Retail Store Owner, running my very own store in Tomsk, Russia. That was fun.
- Junior Software Developer at Unitsys, Tomsk, Russia
- Scientific research at TPU University’s school of Computer Science & Robotics
2010 - 2014:
I’m highly passionate about solving real problems with open-source projects. Check out what I’ve written on my projects page